Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Thankful Thoughts--Parents


I'm sure that during the month of November, we all have thought of what we are thankful for.  I am no exception, so for the next few posts, I'm going to ponder some of those blessing that I have in my life.

I am so thankful that I had wonderful parents.  Growing up, although we were poor, we never really knew it--we were so surrounded by love.  My parents gave me a sense of worth and treated me with respect.  They listened to me, and challenged me to be the best person that I could be.  They instilled the importance of goals, honoring commitments, and living a God-pleasing life.   They did this not only by what they said but by the way that they lived.

I am thankful that they help mold me into the person that I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment