Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thankful Thoughts--Inventions

Article Image
Randy Mulder's Time Machine
I grew up on the side of a rugged mountain in Wyoming.  For a long time we didn't have electricity.  Just think of all the appliances that we now use daily without a thought that weren't part of my life as a child.

There were also many inventions that I have been witness to in the last 60 years--Microwave oven, computers, color television, nuclear weapons, silly putty, kidney dialysis machine, Tupperware, mobile phones, credit cards, tetracycline, hula hoops,  Barbie dolls, VCR, laser printers, MRI's, MS Dos (my first computer language), Prozac, World Wide Web, HTTP and HTML, YouTube and text messaging. And still technology is expanding.

So I am thankful for all the things that I have access to that make life easier and interesting--things that I never had growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment