Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. My daughter earned her Master's Degree this past weekend...what's something you've 'mastered' in recent weeks or months?
Congrats to your daughter.  I recently took a summer class and mastered several new inking techniques that I can use for my art projects.

2. What song most reminds you of your childhood?
Its got to be Ring a Round the Rosies.  Not only would be play it at school, but because of all my siblings we were able to play it at home.

3. What do you think about single gender groups and/or events? Should every group/event be open to both genders?  If not, what sort of exceptions do you think are appropriate? 
Sometimes it's nice to have girl time.  A lot of mixed single events that I have attended were basically a meat market.  But a few were fine/

4. What's your favorite spice? Your favorite dish containing your favorite spice?
I love pepper on most anything, even cantaloupe (it enhances the flavor)  How about Pfeffernüsse cookies!

5.  I saw this question on Marla's facebook page and asked if I could steal borrow it for the Hodgepodge...thanks Marla!  

Chevron patterns are everywhere!  Do you like it or think its just a little too much? Do you own anything 'chevron'? 
I'm not much into geometric patterns, instead I prefer florals or abstract patterns.

6.  What's something you disliked as a child, but can fully appreciate now?
Swimming.  I was scared of the water, now although I am not a good swimmer, I really do like to be in the water, and sitting on a beach is wonderful.
7. What can irritate you very quickly?
People talking harshly to children really upsets me.  I have to bite my tongue to keep from saying something I will regret later.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
My daughter got a call from the principal regarding her 9 year old son.  The problem--he wore shorts to school with outside pockets.  I guess that is a big no-no.  She told the principal that she thought they should concentrate on the bullying behavior of some of the students rather than if the kids pants had outside pockets.  (These were purchased at the school uniform section of a major department store recommended by the school)

No comments:

Post a Comment