Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. What do you think makes a good dad?
Daddy on Buttercup (1957)

Daddy by rock garden in front of house
lower level (approx 1945)
Daddy holding me (1941)

The ability to show love and the example to be a good person

2. What's something you learned from your own father?
The value of integrity, and hard work

3. It's your birthday-what kind of cake will we be having?
Yellow cupcakes with chocolate frosting

4. When you're faced with a big decision are you more of a go with your gut type of person, or are you someone who reasons it all out, weighing the pros and cons? 
I am a factual person,  I will make charts of the pros and cons, seek advice from valued friends, then pray about it.  It's funny that more often than not my "gut" feeling was the way I went but I have to back it up.

5. June is National Dairy Month. What's your favorite dairy item? Most often purchased dairy item?
Most often purchased 1% milk.  My favorite is ice cream

6. Explorer Jacques Cousteau was born on June 11, 1910....what's something you've recently discovered or something you'd like to explore?
I would like to explore Australia.  It sounds very intriguing to a Western girl like me.  I have discovered that I am losing ground in the weight battle.  So it's back to low carbs for me.

7. Are you typical of your generation?
Not at all.  Most women my age sit around in their housecoats and slippers, compare surgeries and complain about all kinds of stuff.  Me, I get up at 4:45 get dressed go to the gym and work out, then spend the rest of my day actively.  No naps for me.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
Summer is here with a vengeance.  It was 112 today, but the humidity was 5% so its a dry heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment