Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. When the children of today grow up, what do you think they'll say about this period in time? What do you most hope they remember?
They may say that it was a time of confusion, a time when people seemed to have lost their vision of the future, a time when dreams dimmed.  But it was also a time of unlimited information and opportunities.

2. National Teacher's Day is celebrated in the US of A on the first Tuesday in May, this year May 7th...share how a particular teacher positively impacted you.
I loved school and all my teachers.  I especially enjoyed Mr Graham, my civics teacher--he made the study of the US alive and made me proud to be an American

3. What's a dish your mama made, that if set in front of you today would whisk you right back to childhood?
My mom was a wonderful cook.  After my dad died she supported the family by managing college kitchens.  If I see crepes, I think of those mornings when Mom made thin pancakes and sprinkled them with powdered sugar and we knew that we were rich. (When we were actually poor as church mice.)

4. Mother May I was a game we played when I was growing up...no pieces, parts, or plugs required. What games from childhood do you remember loving that were also pieces, parts, and plug-free?
Fox and geese in the snow.

5. Besides your own mother, tell us about a woman who influenced you as a child?
My mother was the only woman in my life as a child.  I wasn't around another until I left home at 13, and then the women were my employers.

6. Mamma Mia! What's the best play or musical you've ever seen?
Hated Mamma Mia=the whole premise was tawdry.  I did love Sound of Music, Annie get your Gun, and South Pacific.

7. What are three smells that make you feel nostalgic?
Cinnamon, Mom used it a lot--Pine, the smell of our mountain side--and fresh baked bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment