Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. It's National Bike Week...do you own a bicycle? When did you last ride a bike?
I don't own a bike.  I didn't learn how to ride until I was about 30 and living in Phoenix.  In the rugged mountains there just wasn't the place to ride nor the need since we all had horses.  I can't say that I enjoy riding, it has probably been 20 years since I last rode.

2. What's something you learned in school that wasn't part of the curriculum?
I learned that kids are mean and that there is an established pecking order, and pity the kid at the bottom.

3. What's a food you've never tried, but want to try? What's a food you've tried and will never try again?
I like most everything, and having lived in different parts of the world have been exposed to many different foods.  I hated nuoc mam (Vietnamese fish dipping sauce), and menudo (Mexican soup made with tripe, yuk!)

4. Have you been more demanding on yourself lately or less? Why? Do you think that's a good trend?
More--since I retired, I had tended to become lazy, now besides daily time at a gym, I have a list of chores and errands that I do daily.

5. Who is your favorite book, movie, or TV show villain?
Hannibal Lector

6. How concerned are you about identity theft?
Not very much, I would pity the criminal that stole mine, he sure would be disappointed at how little he got.  My treasures are not at a bank.

7. I saw this last question on Dawn's blog a couple of week's ago and asked if I could share. Everybody hop over and say hi, but first answer this...would you rather have an ordinary home in an extraordinary place or an extraordinary home in an ordinary place?
An ordinary home in a swell place.  I love to explore, and use my home mostly for eating and sleeping.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am on a mission to find the perfect photos for an album that I am making about Arizona.  It has been fun to explore and also look at everyday things with a new view.

No comments:

Post a Comment