Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge






1. April 15th is the deadline for Americans to file their state and federal income tax returns.  What's a job you do on a regular basis that could be described as 'taxing'? 
Dusting--here in Arizona it's hard to keep ahead of the dust.

2. I'm participating in the April A-Z blog challenge, and the Hodgepodge happens to fall on Day O this week. In keeping with that theme...olives, onions, oysters, okra...of the foods mentioned, what's your favorite O food?
Oysters--love them coated in cornmeal and fried.

3.  What is something memorable you experienced as a child that your own children (or future children/nieces/nephews) will not get to experience? 
Growing up in the mountains of Wyoming--being able to run free with no worry of drugs or crime

4. Term limits for our elected officials...your thoughts? 
For them--We have a sheriff who is 82 years old and has been in office since 1992.  The longer they are in office the easier it is to lose touch with the people.

5. On April 18th, 1775, Paul Revere made his famous 'midnight ride'...when did you last make a midnight ride?  Perhaps the fate of a nation wasn't hanging in the balance, but tell us where you were headed anyway.
The last time I was out at midnight was to pick up my grandson from a party that had gotten out of hand.  He called me to come for him.

6.  What would freak you out more...a mouse running across your floor or a big fat hairy spider? 
A mouse--I hate them.  I can always get a broom and send the spider to arachnoid heaven.  But if I see a mouse, I feel that I have to disinfect the whole house.

7. I love it when people ask me__where I bought some of the art that I have created______?

8.  Insert your own random thought here. 
Today it is supposed to be windy again.  I am waiting for a still day so that I can go for a drive and see the desert wild flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment