Saturday, April 27, 2013

A-Z Challenge--X? Wait for it!


All About Me
Wait for it, wait for it--what personality trait could I possible have that begins with and X?  All those games of scrabble finally pay off!!

Xenial

Adjective pronounced zeen ial

xenial 
  1. Hospitable, especially to visiting strangers or foreigners.
  2. Of the relation between a host and guest; friendly.
For a number of years, I served on the hospitality committee for a singles program held at our church.  I found that the best way to break the ice after the energetic singing, and inspirational devotional was to serve homemade cookies.  So every Monday after work, I would come home and make a couple of hundred cookies--probably 6 dozen of four different kinds.  I loved serving the cookies and getting to chat with many of the single people in our community.

It is always fun when it is my turn to host either art club or Bible study at my house.  I enjoy serving people and I'm sure that I receive much more enjoyment that my guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment