Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Where I would Rather Be

Today in Phoenix it was 76o, and right now at 8:30 p.m. it is 65o I had my doors open, with just the screen door closed to keep out the bugs and keep in the dogs.

The high today in Yellowstone Park, near where I grew up, was 30o, and right now it is 22o.

This was a typical scene from my youth.  We loved the snow.  Back then I thought it was fun to make snow angels and my brothers made snow forts.

But somewhere along the line, I became less enamored.  Maybe it was when living in northern Michigan, I had to hang diapers outside and they froze before I could get the clothespins on them.  Or maybe it was when it was having to dig out of drifted snow after a blizzard in Minnesota.  But for whatever reason I wouldn't trade living in Phoenix in the winter.  A visit to snow country is all that I need to remind me of those cold days of long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment