Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge

                                                   

1.  In the USA this coming Sunday millions will be watching as the Baltimore Ravens take on the San Francisco 49's in the Superbowl.  What was the last event you attended that could be described as super?
This summer I went to a quilting exhibit in Philomath Oregon that was super.  There were so many quilts with innovative designs and techniques as well as the wonderful old standbys.

2.  Share something you're a fan of these days?
I'm not particularly a sports fan, but I am a fan of peace and harmony.

3. How do you feel about wings?  In case anyone is confused, I'm talking the edible appetizer kind.  What's your preferred seasoning on a wing-hot, mild, teryiaki, sweet and sour, other?  Do you make your own or is there a favorite place you like to go for wings?   
I like wings, mild or teriyaki and always get them from Long Wong's.  A nice cool ranch dressing is the perfect accompaniment. 

4.  As long as we're talking sports today...have you followed the Lance Armstrong story?  Did you watch his interview with Oprah and if so what was your reaction to his confession and subsequent remarks?  
I just saw what was reported in the evening news.  I think that it is a black mark on not only the athlete but also the sports organization because they don't strive for honesty but are more interested in the economics.

5.  What's a question you hate to be asked?  
That's easy, my age because the answer is so confusing.  Physically I am at least 15 years younger than my chronological age according to the doctor, but mentally I am 30 years younger, but my kids tell me that sometimes I act like a two year old, so what is the correct answer?

6. The coaches in this Sunday's big game happen to be real life brothers.  Jim Harbaugh coaches the 49er's and his older brother John Harbaugh coaches the Baltimore Ravens.  Were you and your sibling(s) competitive?  In what way? Are you still?  If you're an only child how did you handle competition growing up?  
I was never competitive with my siblings.  I was not athletic, didn't like board games, and had no interest in winning medals.  In the areas where I excelled I had no competition--scholarship, art or music.  As I have grown older, I am always competing with myself--trying to always do better.

7.  What's your favorite game involving a ball and when did you last play?    
Does the Winter Festival Ball count, when I danced for hours?

8.  Insert your own random thought here. 
I always look forward to this weekend.  No one bothers me with my art projects, or I can read a book and not have to worry about phone calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment