Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge


                                                      

1.  How did you ring in the new year?
Asleep, nestled under a cozy comforter on my bed.

2.  What is one thing you are looking forward to in 2013?
Inspiration to do some good art projects.


3.  Steven Spielberg is quoted as saying, "All of us every single year, we're a different person.  I don't think we're the same person all our lives."  What say you?
I think that we are constantly growing, expanding the experiences that shape us as individuals.  It's like a kaleidoscope ever-changing morphing into new designs.


4. The Pantone color of the year for 2013 is emerald green. Like or dislike? Do you already own something this color?  Will you add something in this shade to your home or wardrobe in 2013? 
I like emerald green, as well as all or the jewel tones.  I have several tops that are emerald, and a wonderful pillow top of butterflies embroidered on an emerald silk background.


5.  Speaking of emerald...what's your favorite gemstone?
Of course, diamonds.  I especially love them in antique settings.  Wish I had one of those old rings.


6. Share a favorite book or movie from 2012.
I read hundreds of books a year, but see few movies.  I just finished reading

Providence: Once Upon a Second Chance by Chris Coppernoll--a tale of the complexities of of the Christian walk, exploring how we can do great things for the Kingdom of God while still struggling with our human weaknesses and failures.


7.  What is something you want to tell yourself at the start of this brand new year?
Remember, I am not perfect, God doesn't expect me to be, just strive to be the best that I can, forgive myself, and don't dwell on past mistakes.


8.  Insert your own random thought here.

2012 was a hard year for me, a year of trials and change.  I am looking forward to 2013 and a time for renewal and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment