Thursday, December 6, 2012

Pondering with a Purpose--Loss


Photobucket
This Week's prompt is: Loss
When you have lived as many years as I have, loss is inevitable. I have lost my parents and a sister through death. I have lost a husband through divorce. I have lost grandchildren to drugs. Every loss leaves its mark on my life, but I try and remember the quote that "healing is a journey, not a destination or a point in time". It's an evolving process that is never completely over.  As I travel this road  I choose to
       Devote time to family and friends
       Appreciate what I have
       Maintain a good outlook
       Find a sense of purpose
       Live in the moment


I can't change the past--only learn from it.  I can't foretell the future--only wait for it.  I can only live in this moment and I choose to be happy, to remember the good things, and to remember that loss is a part of living.

9 comments:

  1. I like your attitude. Learning from the past is all we can do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you think. I think you are right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great attitude! You are so right, there is nothing you can do about the past or future, so enjoy today and drink in it's blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great response to this topic Marti... I love the attitude you shared at the end of the post.

    Thanks for pondering with me

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great post, Marti! I love the things you choose to do! Too often we forget that being happy is a choice! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a great outlook on life!! marvelous - loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very wise. We can take the hand we're dealt and lay it down or we can pick it up and make the best of it. I choose to try to make the best of it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was wonderful, all true and life affirming! We have little control over what comes our way in life, only in how we choose to react to it. I love the concept of healing being a journey rather than a destination. My favorite quote... "Life is not a problem to solve, it is a mystery to experience."

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your response. You always have the best, most wise comments.

    ReplyDelete