Saturday, December 29, 2012

Looking Back

As the clock ticks down on 2012, I think back to what this year has brought me--certainly lots of happiness, and some sadness.  It has shown me where I must let go, and where I can still influence for good.  I have had some valleys and experienced some mountaintops.  2012 has not been my best year by far, but I have had worse.

The things I have learned--I am responsible for my own happiness.  I am never alone.  
There is beauty all around me, no matter if I am looking up and see the majestic mountains and sky, or looking at my feet and see a tiny little flower stretching through a crack in the pavement.  I have learned that there are some things that I can't do a thing about, so I must just step back and do the only thing that I can--pray.  

I have learned that I must take time for myself and do the things that I enjoy--the housework will still be waiting for me when I return.  I have learned that I am blessed to have a good family, even if they are scattered all over the West.  I have learned that people I have never met--my blogging friends--encourage and challenge me.

So I salute 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment