Saturday, November 17, 2012

November Thanks--Part 3


Nights are getting chilly, and in the morning the air is crisp.  As I let the dogs out, and put on the coffee pot, I am reminded of all the things that I have to be thankful for.

Now, I am not by any means rich, but I have a nice house--owned by the bank and me, I have a car that is dependable and paid for.  I have all the things that I need to make life comfortable--a good bed, a nice TV, a deep freeze filled with food, a washer and dryer.

I think back to growing up.  We were poor, but we also had the necessities of life--a log home, clothes, food and a car.  Most of all we had love.  It was the glue that stuck things together.  

I am thankful for the things that I have but most of all for the love of my children, friends, and God.

3 comments:

  1. It is lovely to be contented and have a grateful heart.
    Love and Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Lord, you given me so much, give me one thing more... a grateful heart."
    God Bless You.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After the past few weeks (hurricane sandy aftermath) I am so thankful for so many things... things I took for granted (like electric)

    ReplyDelete