Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL? The NFL is back in action along with all the college teams. Are you a fan? Who do you root for? If you're not a fan what do you do while the rest of America watches Saturday, Sunday, Monday night, and now Thursday night games? 
I HATE football! I know that I am in the minority, but that's just the way it is.  I have a passing knowledge of what is going on, cause it seems to be the best way to engage family and friends in conversation.  But to sit for hours and watch guys beat-up on each other and have the plays in a continuous loop, drives me crazy.  Since I live by myself, I can always turn on the radio, work on an art project or read a book on my kindle, with the assurance that I can watch the 10:00 news and in 5 minutes catch all the highlights so I can have a vague idea of the days action.

2. What's something I'll always find in your closet?
Way too many clothes!  I keep trying to get rid of stuff that I don't wear, but I think that they reproduce when the doors are closed, just like the dust bunnies under my bed.

3. Share one of your earliest memories.
My earliest accurate memories are from about 6 years old.  I have glimpses of things that happened earlier, but nothing clear.  I remember when the winter when I was 6 years old, by daddy waiting at the bus stop for me, and then putting his belt around my waist and leading me up the mountain the mile to our house.  The snow was a couple of feet deep, but I knew that I was safe.
                                                          
4. What circus act best describes your week so far?
Tightrope walk--trying to get grandson settled in his apartment, telling him no for requests for extra money, encouraging my Prescott daughter with her new family of six kids (3 steps, 3 guardians ship), getting up at 5:30 to go to the gym, but being back in time to get things done at home before it gets too hot.  All the while trying to keep my spiritual balance, so I don't have to cry, "Help, I've fallen and can't get up.

5. What's a food you disliked as a child but you love now?
There isn't a food that I have ever met that I didn't love.  Probably why I was a fat kid, who has had to battle weight problems all my life.

6. Describe your summer in three words.
Long, hot, busy,  or  Had good vacation  or  Glad it's over.

7. Where were you on September 11, 2001? Will you do anything special to mark the day this year?
I was on my way to work when I heard the first reports on the car radio.  As soon as I got to the office, I turned the TV on and watch with unbelief the unfolding story.  What a tragic day for so many families, what a terrible day for America. Today I pray for America that we remember the cost of that day, the need for compassion and unity.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I found some really cute stickers at JoAnne's and can't wait to begin on a new multi-media art project.  It will have flowers and birds, and I think clay bas relief designs of leaves and ferns

5 comments:

  1. Love how you pictured your week so far. And I'm not a football fan either. I am surprised at how many of us are not football fans in fact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family has a lot on their plate. Six children definitely requires some juggling! I loved the story about your dad : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going to the gym at 5:30 AM is impressive! I can barely function at that early hour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think multiplying clothes would be nice for my closet! I have multiple unorganized stacks of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never really knew much about NCAA football, until I went to the University of Mississippi (and graduated). So, I am an Ole Miss football fan. On 11 Sept 2001, I was at work when the news broadcasted. Every year, I make a post on many of my blogs about that day.

    ReplyDelete