Tuesday, September 11, 2012

9/11 Tribute

I'm sure each one of us remembers where we were on 9/11/2001.  I was on my way to work when I heard the first reports on the car radio.  As soon as I got to the office, I turned the TV on and watch with unbelief the unfolding story.  What a tragic day for so many families, what a terrible day for America.

Then I remember how we all came together in unity to do what we could to help.  It was a time that we forgot our differences and worked as one.

At the time my Prescott grandson was 9 years old.  He was chosen to be part of a childrens' ensemble along with the Tim Parker quartet from Prescott, AZ that record a tribute that helped raise money for families of the New York firemen who gave their lives. Listen to the new verses written by Tim.  A good way to reflect on this day--Enjoy
                                                          

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful rendition! That song touches my heart like none other. May we never, ever forget!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do remember. I was at work waiting for my second graders to start piling in. All the teachers were taking turns watching the TV in the teachers' lounge.
    Beautiful song, I especially loved the children singing. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete