Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge--About needles



1. The Summer Olympics officially begin this Friday night...will you be watching? If you could see just one event in person which one would you pick?
I am on vacation so I won't be watching.  I do enjoy the track events.

2.Do lazy days make you feel rested or unproductive?
I am sort of a workaholic, so just sitting does make me feel unproductive.

3. July 25th is 'officially' Threading the Needle Day...can you sew? On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being not at all and 10 being Betsy Ross-like, how would you rate your skill with a needle and thread?
I would rate my skills as a 10 both in practical sewing and in artistic sewing.  I used to earn extra money by sewing wedding dresses and bridal outfits.

4. 'Threading the Needle' can also mean to walk a fine line between two things or issues (think awkward social situation). When was the last time you had to 'thread the needle', figuratively speaking?
This is a skill that I am so used to being in that it is almost second nature.  When I worked, part of my job was keeping the peace.  And with my children, grandchildren, and teen-agers who are always around, I keep my skills well honed.

5. Kidney, pinto, black, or navy...your favorite bean?
I like pintos fixed into refried beans, and love black beans in fresh Mex dishes.

6. Have you ever hosted a garage sale? Was it more success or bust?
I used to have garage sales all the time, most were successful.  I was in charge of many organizations' fund raiser garage sales, but now I don't do the sales, they are a lot of work.

7. What makes you roll your eyes?
The poor grammar and spelling that today's youth have.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am having a restful time on vacation.  Today I visited a quilt show, and a rose garden.  Both were inspiring.
King size quilt
Small wall quilt
One of the hundreds of yellow roses at Avery Park in Corvallis, OR
Innumerable roses of every color imaginable.

10 comments:

  1. Marti, glad you're having a good time on vacation! That first quilt is spectacular! (and one I’d love on my bed.)

    I like black beans in Mexican, prefer them in Mexican restaurants to rice. I also love black bean soup…now I’m wondering if I have the fixings to make that for dinner tonight… :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on the grammar and spelling. Kids' grammar is atrocious because they emulate their peers and TV characters rather than their teachers and parents. Kids can't spell today because they're texting all the time and using shortcuts. TTFN LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. that small wall quilt is gorgeouos...
    and i totally agree with you on the grammar issue
    enjoy your day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are enjoying your vacation. The quits are really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you pointed out the grammar issue with today's youth. I follow a bunch on Facebook and it fascinates me how much language has changed over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a fun vacation :) Those quilts are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow-wedding dresses! I have two daughters in their early 20's...wish I had that skill : ) I'm glad you're enjoying your vacation...gardens always inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wedding dresses? I'm impressed!! And that's why I only ranked myself as an 8. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1. yes. no one in particular this year.
    2. no.
    3. 3
    4. i am a good negotiator. before retirement it served me well. it is necessary in any relationship. more skillful at peace keeping as i age.
    5.large limas, red beans, black beans.
    6.we had garage sale days, husband hosted. he loved it. he even sold things that weren’t for sale. he made good $$.
    7.i long for peace.
    8.i will ever after look for ways to promote peace.

    happy vacation.
    happy summer.

    ReplyDelete