Friday, July 6, 2012

Friday Favorite Things


friday favorite things | finding joy
These are a few of my favorite things this week


Watching fireworks from my front yard.  The display was staged from the Brewers Spring Training facility, just a few blocks from my home
What a wonderful treat--rain on the 4th of July, and cool temperatures!
I built the two display shelves and put a few of my memory books  up.  I could really use one more, but that might be too much of a good thing.



Photobucket

1.     I _always__ wear_shoes so I don't break a toe AGAIN__
                                                    
2.     I have had a lot of _sad days lately.  I am finding that I can't save the world, and worse than that, not even my little corner of if.  I know that I have to back off and let people make their own mistakes, but you know that is so hard!__
                                                      
3.     Public speaking makes me_anxious until I get to the podium, and then I enjoy it.
                                        
4.     My car always has_plenty of gas_because_I think of the tank half empty rather than half full.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Marti, I love the petrol being half full hehe.
    have a great weekend
    hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so hard to watch loved ones make mistakes,especially when you want to so desperately help them avoid those nasty falls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Backyard fireworks have my vote for my favorite display ever. Little kid screams of delight always sound better on a neighborhood lawn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that it is difficult to watch others make mistakes- My Mother always said "You worry about your children from the day they're born until the day you die"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed this post, Marti, but I know what you mean about having to stand by and let people make mistakes. We've had a lot of that.
    I hope you can have a good weekend. P.S. I think of the gas tank the same way. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, poor pinkie toe!! yes, do be careful.

    hardest thing ever is watching someone who care for, about to fall flat on their face.
    unless it's late Friday night and they've drank an entire bottle of wine and put on 3 inch heels and attempted the sexy cat walk: then it's hilarious :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I feel your pinky pain. I broke mine years ago and ignored it (never taped it or anything) and it healed all crooked. No shoes fit (and I am shoe obsessed)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great post I love the pictures along with your answers :}
    i wish you some un-sad days and if you need to recruit soldiers for an attempt at saving the world I would happily enlist with you!! Until then lets get you another shelve up for those adorable memory books so cute :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. My trade school class was visited b the owner of the school on the first day and he described the nervous feeling before public speaking as the same as the feeling as you reach the top of a roller coaster. Thinking of it that way makes public speaking fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your gas analogy, very good thought process. I need to adopt it!

    ReplyDelete