Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. What's the last job you did that required elbow grease?
This past weekend, I scrubbed my patio, to get it ready for the makeover, which is almost finished.

2. March Madness, aka the men's Division I basketball championship, is nearing an end. What sort of 'madness' has your house seen this month?
Getting my house ready to refinance.  The inspector will be here soon.

3. What's your favorite shop for browsing?
I am not a browser.  I go in, get it and get out.  I do like to browse at museums and art shows.

4. Is there ever a time when giving up makes sense?
Yes, if all possibilities have been exhausted, and after prayer and a sense of peace, it often is time to move on.

5. What's a song you love that contains the name of a city, state or country in its title?
(Mute the inbeded player before enjoying this old ballad.)

6. When did you first begin using a computer?

Over twenty years ago.  I was in Oregon, and began doing my sister's bookkeeping.  That was back in the days of DOS.

7. Did you buy girl scout cookies this year? What's your favorite?

I didn't buy cookies this year, but my favorite is Thin Mints.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I just got back from a funeral for the husband of one of my good friends.  He died suddenly leaving a restaurant.  It reminded me how very fleeting that life is and how we should live each day to the fullest, as we don't know what tomorrow holds.

9 comments:

  1. I'm not a clothes browser but when I go with friends to thrift stores I love to browse. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life IS so fleeting, and we never know if we get another day here. That is certainly something worth pondering...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing that song. I don't think I've ever heard it before, but there is something special about John Denver's voice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very sorry for the loss of your friend's husband...life is more fragile than we realize. I'm a Thin Mints fan, too! As soon as Chris gets a job, we plan to refinance our house, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW no time to say Goody! How terrible. I'm so sorry. Yes, left is fleeting, tell the ones you love that you love them while you can. Good luck with the refi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goodness-any loss is difficult but a sudden one is even worse. I'll say a prayer for your friend. I used to love those Thin Mints too- especially right out of the freezer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending a prayer for peace for your friend.

    I've actually hear that song before at a railfan event. Someone was showing train photos from Wyoming.

    I agree with you that I'd rather do my browsing at a museum than a store!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice facts...sad about your friend's hubby passing. Life really is fleeting, isn't it? xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry for your friend's loss. We don't know what tomorrow holds, but PTL we know Who holds tomorrow. You're all in my prayers.

    I like to visit museums, too.

    I hope that your week gets better.

    ReplyDelete