Since this is an extra day, I think I will devote the whole day to art. I will work on a Tim Holtz tag project, paint, maybe make an ATC card or two, and make some cards for springtime giving.
2. What has recently required a leap of faith on your part?
A year and a half ago, my then 19 year old grandson asked to come live with me. He was living on the street, by his choice, in a town about 100 miles from me. His health was poor, he had bad habits, and was an emotional wreck. I knew that it would be a very difficult job to accept him into my home and try to help him heal. After prayer and a feeling of peace, with a leap of faith I took him in. There have been trying days, and the job of seeing him become a mature responsible adult isn't finished yet, but it has been a blessing for me.
3. We're one week into the season of Lent...are you marking these 40 days in some way? Giving something up or adding something extra to normal life? How's it going so far?
I have given up sweets, so far so good.
4. When was the last time you sat beside a fire?
Camping in the northern Arizona wilderness area on a memorial day a couple of years ago
5. Surf and Turf is on the menu. Do you order as is or do you ask for just the surf (lobster), just the turf (steak), or a menu so you can select another option?
I'm not crazy about lobster or steak (I seldom eat red meat), so I would ask for a seafood platter.
|Tony Shalhoub as Adrian Monk-compulsive obsessive private detective with a brilliant mind|
|Kyra Sedgwick as Deputy Chief Brenda Johnson-crime solver extraordinaire with a penchant for sweets|
6. If you could have any television program back, not in reruns but in new episodes, what
program would you choose?
Monk or the Closer. Both were excellent crime solving shows.
7. They say an elephant never forgets. These days would you say your memory is more like an elephant or a gnat?
I would have to go with the elephant. I remember way too much stuff.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We had a sprinkle of rain last night, the first in a long time. It wasn't measurable. The last rain was on Dec. 14th, We have only had 1.87" since September 1st, 2011--a very dry winter.