Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Under the Weather

Seems like everyone is sick, some with a cold, some with the flu, some with bronchitis.  So to send a little cheer, I made these two get well cards.
This is a simple card made with just layers of paper--a black diagonal print, then a green solid, then a computer generated text (got a frog in your throat?).  The frog is a green rectangle with a patterned paper rectangle on top.  The eyes are two while circles punched out with little black punches.  The cheeks are two larger circles embellished with a red mini brad, and then tucked under the rectangles edge.  The zigzag mouth is drawn on.


Everybody loves Ziggy!  So this card with Ziggy under the weather is sure to bring a smile.  Again easy peasy.  Blue card base with a get well helpers patterned paper.  Ziggy is stamped, colored, cut out and popped up on a blue rectangle which is also popped up from the patterned paper.


When you have a loved one or friend who is under the weather, send them a card and bring a little sunshine to them.

10 comments:

  1. So cute! John and I are fighting sinus stuff. So is my daughter and her husband. I think we all caught something from her son because we all have the same symptoms. Nice to see your cheery greetings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute! I try to send little love notes to those that are special to me- sometimes for no reason at all. These are cute cards here- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute, escpecially the frog one, really clever!

    Brigitta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello ...
    Nothing beats a handmade card!...
    it's nice to meet and follow you.
    stop by sometime.


    ciao bella
    Creative Carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are really really cute - you ought to start an Esty Store and make some. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Either one of those cards would make me feel better! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's that time of year! The sinus/cold I was fighting through the holidays is catching up with me a little too. I'm still being stubborn with it though. But I still have the little stuffy, little sore throat, little headache, but it's all little so far. Benad5ryl is my friend at night and lots of tea during the day.

    The get well cards are very cute. They made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great ideas for cards!
    Sometimes, I cut out good photos of dogs and then tape them to the front of another card, and then write on the inside it, "Doggone it,
    you're too nice to be sick!"
    Yes, that is really the kind of thing that I do, corny maybe, but people remember things like that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable. Almost makes me want to get sick if I knew I could get a cute get-well card like that!

    ReplyDelete