Friday, December 23, 2011

My Favorite Things this Week

friday favorite things | finding joy
These are a few of my favorite things this week.


Gasoline prices under $3.00



Nativity scene in one of the major malls.



Lunch with a friend I hadn't seen in 50 years!




Grandson's Christmas Program at school--He is the cute one on the back row, third from right.



Watching little grands decorate their tree


Waiting for Santa--She says "I believe"

Photobucket
Each week, Hilary lists four statements with a blank for you to fill in on your own blogs. If you want to join the fun and come up with four fill in’s of your own, please email them to me at feelingbeachie@gmail.com. If I use them, I will add you as co-host to the hop! This week’s co-host is Brenda from Fiction with a purpose  She came up with the last two statement!
I would LOVE it if you could please help me spread the word about this hop…. So, please tweet, FaceBook share, and add the linky to your post…
This week’s statements:
1.       I have a love hate relationship with_my computer.  I am impatient and when it doesn't work right, I get very frustrated.
2.       I have been buying a lot of _baking supplies__ lately.  I am going to make treats for drop in visitors on Christmas day.
3.       If I hear _anyone worried about be so politically correct they won't say Merry Christmas _ anymore I swear I will _start wearing a sandwich board with "Merry Christmas" on it.
4.       Whenever I see_a baby_it makes me _think back when my children were young _ and then I _am so glad they are now grown.  I thoroughly enjoyed them and loved them, but all the problems they went through growing up was sad.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I'm impressed that there was a nativity scene in the mall! Very awesome!

    The kids and I were watching Little House on the Prairie last night -- and they remarked at how cool it was that they talked so openly about Jesus and his birth. Sigh, things have changed.

    Thank you for blessing me with your kind comments and encouraging words.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you do it, be sure to post a photo of you wearing that 'Merry Christmas' sandwich board. lol Personally, that annoys me too. After all, Jesus is what Christmas is all about, for Pete's sake!! :-)

    Have a wonderful and merry Christmas, Marti!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with you on the Merry Christmas debate --- and I don't even celebrate! But let people do their own thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with #1. I'm lucky that my hubby is a computer tech... I just let him deal with the headaches!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of blessings here...gas under $3? Wow. Ours was $3.29.9 this morning. Sweet grands. They must be getting so excited! Lunch with a friend after 50 years?! There has got to be a great story behind that one.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so agree with you on #1. Like Brenda, I don't celebrate Christmas either, but I agree it has gotten too PC lately... That said, have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your favorite things this week - especially the grand kids. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I love that you saw your friend after 50 years. That is so very cool! And judging from the background it looks as though you may have gone to the Cheesecake Factory?! Wishing you a wonderful holiday season with your family and friends. Merry Christmas. Be safe!

    ReplyDelete