Saturday, December 17, 2011

Master Plan



Life is to short to wake up with regrets. So, love the people who treat you right. Pray for the ones who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands. If it changes your life, let it. God never said it would be easy, he just promised it would be worth it.--Dawna L. White


A lot of times things haven't worked out the way I expected. I have found this true in jobs, relationships, and physical issues. Sometimes it is hard to let go of my old idea, but  I have found that in retrospect, that what I was so sure was right, was totally wrong. I had applied for a job, I was the perfect fit, and boy was the money good.  I couldn't believe it when I wasn't hired.  A couple of years later the business closed.  Instead I found a job as a medical practice manager, and I was there eleven years until I retired. The money wasn't all that great, but the opportunity to use creative solutions to solve problems was so rewarding.  I loved it. Good thing I'm not the Master Planner.  Do you have an example of God closing a door, and then opening a window for you?



8 comments:

  1. I think when I was younger I suffered from the delusion that God's perfect will was...that I get whatever I want. Praise God that He knows what will bring Him glory and what is for our good in the long run, even when we can't understand it at the moment. In fact, there may be things we won't understand 'why' until we're in Heaven. But we know we can trust Him.

    As for your question, of course I can't think offhand of a particular example, but I know there several in my own life!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great post. It makes you think and ponder!
    www.rebeccabany.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so very true, and it makes you stop and think. Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, my entire life is God closing the wrong doors I was attempting to open, and then opening the right ones He always wanted for me. We seem to settle for less than His best, don't we? Typical human nature to think we know best. :) I've seen this in jobs, relationships, timings and even when I prayed for years for my dad to heal from Alzheimer's yet God's healing plan for him was way better than my own. Loved reading this.
    Thank you for stopping by, Marti. How have you been? Hope you are well. By the way, I saw that you commented on the tea sachets but I'm not sure if you're interested in the giveaway or just commented in general. Please let me know.
    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to copy that on a card and place on my bathroom mirror. I love it and do think I've heard it before but it's been a long time. Oh, my yes, I've had my life so figured out many times and have suddenly been nudged and reminded that IT isn't mine to plan. Thanks for a wonderful entry! Christmas blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! And it's always wonderful to see God's hand in those disappointing moments when we look back and reflect on things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen-Truer words were never written. Life is never what we think it will be, is it? I don't think it is supposed to be that way! Wonderful post~ xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many, many times. Here is one of them.
    Didn't get the house we wanted when looking to buy. But a better one came along. It happened to have a church down the road. I hadn't been to church in years. Every time i passed this church i felt a nudge to go there. I finally listened to God's nudge and the moment i walked into this church, i felt like i had come home. : )

    ReplyDelete