Saturday, August 27, 2011

Joy comes in the Morning

I love mornings.  When I was a kid, I had to get up really early in order to get ready for school and make the mile hike to the school bus that came about eight o'clock.  When I had my own kids, it was early rising in order to feed them and spend some play time with them before the hectic day began.  During my years working, I got up early so that I could be at the gym at 5:00.  Now that I am retired, I still wake about five, and truly enjoy the early hours of the day.  There is beauty that only a morning can bring.  Witness this cactus by my front patio which only blooms in the morning.


Each day is the chance for a new beginning.  The scripture says in Lamentations 3:22-23 "The faithful love of the Lord never ends, His Mercies never cease. Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each morning" NLT.

Mornings bring hope 'Weeping may endure for a night but joy comes in the morningPsalm 30:5


Morning is a gift that each one of us is given, I look forward to each new morning and the gifts that the day may provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment