Monday, March 7, 2011

Looking Forward

The promise of things to come!  This morning I noticed this rose bud reaching toward the sky.  Soon it will start to show color, and then burst into a red blaze of color.  Looking forward is half the pleasure.  The anticipation for the future should be enjoyed.  Even if things don't work out just as I had planned, no one can take the pleasure of expectation from me.  I am looking forward to spring, when the desert will suddenly throw on its party dress and dance in the breeze, if only for a little while.  I am looking forward to getting a car.  How I will enjoy being able to go whenever the mood strikes me!  I am looking forward to my daughter's marriage this summer, hoping that this new beginning will bring her happiness.  I am looking forward to the vacation in Hawaii and the excitement to explore all its exotic places. I am even looking forward to getting my dishes done.  I enjoy a sparkling sink.  So even the little things bring enjoyment, and I look forward to doing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment