Sunday, October 25, 2009

Reflections

Looking back on my vacation, I have much to reflect on.

I got to get to know the littlest g-grandkids, each so different, each so special.  A real armful of love.




 I was able to spend time at the coast, scatter flower petals at Mom's final resting place, reflect on what a great Mother I had and what an example she was.  Then of course, we had to eat at Mo's.



I also visited my brother in Washington.  His house was flooded in the December 2007 flood--water up to the middle of the windows, incredible damage to the area, logs piled high by their porch, but an amazing fact, not a window was broken.  Now the damage can only be seen in pictures.  I reflected on the resilience of the people of that area.


Then I reflected on the beauty.  Everywhere the hillsides and valleys were painted with brillant color. 
It reminds of this poem--
October gave a party;
The leaves by hundreds came -
The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples,
And leaves of every name.
The Sunshine spread a carpet,
And everything was grand,
Miss Weather led the dancing,
Professor Wind the band.

~George Cooper, "October's Party"

No comments:

Post a Comment